Fair Trade Honey(FTH) has been my favourite shampoo ever since it came out last year. I dye my hair every 2-3 months and so I have dry hair that frizzes easily. But with FTH, I can use it without a conditioner and it would still leave my hair tangle free, and it makes it so soft and shiny too!
WHAT IS IT:
Just to put it out there, FTH is the most expensive LUSH shampoo to date. However, don’t let the price deter you from trying this gem out. With LUSH shampoos, you already need to use less of an amount than other brands, and with FTH, you need even less of it because it is really thick. Plus you can save on conditioner when you use this shampoo, so it works out to be really good value for money! I’ve actually tried it with many conditioners as well and think that the effect is the best without a conditioner. If you still feel more comfortable with a conditioner, use a light conditioner like the LUSH Veganese or LUSH Coolaulin. Heavier conditioners tend to defeat the purpose of this shampoo and I personally find it a waste to use anything that smells strong over top of FTH, because it smells SO good and I don’t want anything to mask its scent!
WHAT’S IN IT:
WHY IT WORKS:
- Fairly Traded Honey is the bulk of the ingredients in this shampoo (50% to be exact, hence it’s name). It helps make your hair soft and shiny, and gives your scalp a really good cleansing as honey has natural anti-bacterial properties. This also means that there are no extra preservatives in this shampoo.
- Linseed (AKA Flaxseed) Mucilage is a jelly like substance formed by boiling Linseed/Flaxseed in water, and this ingredient helps to prevent hair loss by strengthening your hair as it contains lots of Omega 3 fatty acids. It also gives shine.
- Sunflower Lecithin also makes your hair shiny and supple.
- Geranium, Neroli, Bergamot Oils and Rose Absolute all contribute to the amazing scent that stays in your hair for hours after you wash your hair.
It says on the bottle; “This is a no expense spared shampoo.”, and it’s definitely true. Even all the essential oils used to make the fragrance are the most expensive ones. Whenever I use FTH, the scent stays in my hair until the next wash! (I wash my hair once a day before I sleep)
HOW I USE IT:
- Squeeze out a 2-3cm diameter blob onto palm.
- Mix in a little water and give the shampoo a headstart by lathering it between palms.
- Lather onto wet hair and give scalp a nice massage.
- Rinse off.
- Dry hair.
- Have luxurious hair.
It is really that simple. When you rinse if off, you might feel like your hair is tangled/dry/not smooth etc but trust me, just go and dry your hair, go to bed, and you will wake up with amazingly soft and shiny hair, no tangles or kinks. And yes, I find that my hair looks much better the morning after I use this shampoo.
So, if you always find yourself waking up to a bad hair day, trust me and try this. You will never want to use anything else.
WHERE TO BUY:
Trust me, go for the 300g or bigger, because it’s better value for money and you wouldn’t get enough of it anyway! 😀 Feel free to comment if you have any questions or if you have tried it too!
Let’s have shiny, happy hair!
All images from http://www.lush.co.uk